Thursday, April 08, 2004

Nesting?

Mood: hopeful

Max & Frida the Parakeets News
Max and Frida are once again investigating the nest. Frida appears to be taking more nesting thread into the box, and what was dropped on the bottom of the cage, I put in there for her. She went in the box several times, staying in there a few seconds each time. I could hear a little rustling around, so she may be rearranging the thread to her liking. So I guess I don't have to give up hope just yet. There could still be some hatchlings this year!

I moved back the cover on the cage a little, which I have placed there to give Max and Frida plenty of shade. But I heard that the female needs sunlight to help her form the eggs correctly. So I hope she will get enough sun now. I don't want anything to go wrong!

If Frida lays eggs and hatches them, this will be the first time I have successfully bred birds. I've tried in the past, with no luck. It's all very exciting!

No comments: