Sunday, September 25, 2005

Browsing After Hours

Mood: annoyed

One of my pet peeves--no, this has nothing to do with kitty Bertram going wild on me last night--is late customers. If you've worked in retail, you know the ones: people who come in a few minutes before closing and start browsing. It really annoys me. But tonight was the worst. This teeny-bopper couple came in right before closing, proceeded to browse with no intent of buying anything, and ignored not only my hint of partially closing the gate but also my "Okay folks, we're closed." So I completely closed the gate on them. They still didn't get the picture, so I went ahead and closed the register. Then, the girl has the gall to ask me some dumb question that had an obvious answer. I answered her question abruptly, then said, "You know what? We're closed." They finally got the idea that I was kicking them out. The boy half-heartedly apologized, which I ignored, then he took the final jab at me by adding, "Enjoy the rest of your night." I forced myself to be good and reply "You, too," but what I really wanted to say was "Fuck you, you little prick."

I have developed a little quip for what will inevitably be the next late browser: "Where do you work? I guess you won't mind my going there and making you stay late then." Or, in the case of the teeny-boppers: "Do you enjoy detention? Neither do I. I'm going home. Get out."

On the positive side, I'm here at Bella's. She's doing some work for her (early) morning class right now, so I thought I would take the time to post more than just a few pictures. It's been a while since I actually SAID much in here.

Oh, and maybe I'll make another audio post soon, as well. Just for fun.

No comments: