Thursday, April 01, 2004

Wasted Day

Mood: blah
Last ate: (about to eat) two fried 25¢ burritos

Today has been an utter waste. I didn't go to school because my sites (and email) went down and I was dealing with tech support trying to get them to fix it. Meanwhile, all I achieved was a little reading of a new book (America One Step at a Time by Daniel Rogers), downloads of a couple games, and a lengthy nap. As a result, I'm not in the best of moods.

I really didn't sleep well last night, after having spent several hours playing HeroClix with my brothers and a friend, and feeling bad about not getting to spend quality time with Bella. As she was about to leave, she said "I miss you," later explaining that it felt like she had not seen me at all. And though she regretted saying that, she was right. Right because I felt that way too. And it was my own damn fault.

Don't get me wrong, I had a blast playing HeroClix (I came in 2nd place out of four players), and will play it again soon... just not on a day I am supposed to see Bella.

So now, all this considered, I don't feel like doing anything. Maybe after I digest some fried burritos I'll be in a better mood.

Stella the Cat News
It dawned on me today that Stella has become much more vocal lately. Especially when she wants/needs to go outside. She used to not vocalize at all. In fact, it was a long time before I even heard her purr. She's still not the most vocal cat, but I have noticed the change.

Ibby the Starling News
I am trying to teach Ibby a couple new phrases, but he seems stuck on the first several that I "taught" him. Of course, it wasn't until fairly recently that I actively started trying to teach Ibby phrases; the ones he knows came simply from my talking to him or his neighbors, budgies Max and Frida.

Max & Frida the Parakeets News
Max and Frida have definitely abandoned the idea of mating. Sad!

Pip the Tadpole News
No further growth to report here.

No comments: