Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Tomorrow's Long Journey

Mood: distraught

Tomorrow I have an interview with the Muscular Dystrophy Association. It's way the hell over on the other side of Riverside. I just figured out my options of getting there:

Buses #10 & 25
Total Travel Time: 3hrs 45mins
Total Wait Time: 2hrs 2mins
Cost: $1.25

Buses #10 & 13 & Walk (1/2 mile)
Total Travel Time: 3hrs 45mins
Total Wait Time: 2hrs 2mins
Cost: $1.25

Bus #10 & Walk (2.5 miles)
Total Travel Time: 3hrs
Total Wait Time: 1hr 33mins
Cost: $1.00

Bear in mind that these are for ONE WAY! Also, the Total Wait Times are included in the Total Travel Times.

I decided on the 10/Walk option. It allows me to wake up 45 minutes later, saves 45 minutes of travel time, saves almost a half hour of wait time, and it costs less. It does involve a considerable amount of walking, but the weather should be good at that time. The trip back is a different story, and I haven't even done the numbers on that. But I'm assuming I will do the same thing, in reverse. I expect the time to be roughly the same, as well.

Needless to say, I am taking plenty of reading material and a radio.

Well, I better get to bed. If nothing else, I should be well rested.