Thursday, July 08, 2004

Back to Reality

Mood: content

So I have been tossing around the idea of keeping AlphaStar Media going. I know I said I was going to put it on hold indefinitely, but I just can't let go. I even considered advertising in The Business Press. I was this >< close when I decided to ask myself what Bella would tell me to do. I knew she would tell me not to invest such a large sum of money in my business right now. And you know what? She's right. I need to keep focused on the job search.

However, I have decided to keep my business going, if only on a small scale. So as a result, I designed a postcard which I will mail to businesses found in the Fictitious Business Name listings. That, with maybe the occasional phone call, will be the extent of my advertising. I feel content with this decision. Thanks Bella!

In other news, I totally got lost for my interview. A street which looked like a through street on the map... wasn't. I did my best to recover, but I made a couple wrong turns and ended up in the opposite direction I was supposed to go. I called my rep at Finesse and he said he would try to get them to reschedule the interview for next week. We'll see.

I did take advantage of being downtown to apply at The Press Enterprise. Unlike the missed interview, it is located right along the bus route. I am really hoping I can get a job there.

As part of my distraction from missing Bella so much, I rented Miracle, starring Kurt Russell. For those that don't know, it's about Herb Brooks, the coach that led a team of young college hockey players to defeat the Soviet Union's team in the 1980(?) Olympics... in the midst of the Cold War, no less! They then went on to beat Finland to win the Gold. I'm not afraid to admit that this movie was so uplifting that it brought me to tears. I think it's a must-see for everyone, not just hockey fans.

Hey, one last thing: Did you know how DELICIOUS Shrimp with Lime Flavor Instant Lunch is?!? Oh my God, it was good. Usually I dump the noodles out on a plate and bury them under a pile of parmesan cheese. But these seriously didn't need anything! If you don't mind eating five or six microscopic shrimp, you have to try it.