Thursday, August 26, 2004

Killing Microsoft (?)

Mood: devilish

The more I read about Linux--not to mention the more my computer crashes--the more I want to wipe out Windows from my computer and use only Linux. Now that I am not doing much of anything productive on my computer, I have all the time in the world to learn a new operating system. (You may remember a long while back when I tried installing Red Hat Linux, but decided I didn't have time to learn it; I was running my business at that point.)

My brother, Daryl, running a dual-boot system with Windows and SuSE Linux, suggested that SuSE Linux is much easier than Red Hat. So, as a sort of trial run, I am downloading the Live CD of it. By "live", it just means that I can boot my computer from the CD and Linux will run from it. (Rather than going through the task of defragmenting, repartitioning and installing. Not to mention backing up all of my music [20+ CDR's] and data with a slow, external CD burner.) The download only has 58 hours left! Woo... hoo...

No comments: