Friday, August 13, 2004

Working Myself to Death

Mood: mostly rested

Well, after working 11 days in a row, I finally have a day off! Whew! I really overworked myself yesterday. Between the heat in the store (I swear it was hotter in the store than it was outside) and my trying to get too much (heavy) work done, I was really burned out. Sitting in the sun for another 45 minutes as I waited for the bus didn't help, either. I haven't sweated so much since the broom-pushing days of when I first got the job.

For my "lunch break", I simply had to treat myself to some Pralines and Cream ice cream at Frost Bites. Though I requested the normal P&C ice cream, the girl behind the counter recommended their own version, sundae-style. OH... MY... GOD! It was the best P&C ice cream I have ever had. And their prices are better than Basken Robbins, too.

Last night, I also treated myself to more music from the Russians by adding money to my account. Currently downloading some Supergrass. Next up: Tom Waits.

Today, Bella and I are going to Huntington Beach to have a relaxing day of reading and walking hand-in-hand along the water. We don't plan to swim, but who knows? Surprisingly enough, this will be our first trip to the beach together. (The time we drove by the beach in San Diego doesn't count, I'm told.)

Oh! Guess what? On September 19, I will be a Godfather. How cool is that?!?

No comments: