Friday, August 06, 2004

The Fabulous Futon

Mood: well-rested

Not only did I sleep in until 9AM, but I slept extremely well... in my new futon! This futon is perhaps larger than most, and I could easily get a good night's sleep in the couch position. But folded down into a bed... WOW! It's been a long time since I've slept so well.

I feel kind of bad. The previously mentioned dearly close friends of Bella--and Bella herself--spent two hours going to three WalMarts to find the futon that was on sale. Though Bella and I treated them to (cheap) dinner, it's not nearly what they deserve. Something must be done about that! For now, anyway, another HUGE thanks to Bennifer!

Bella and I spent some time putting the futon together. It's things like building things together that makes me realize what a perfect team we are. We had fun!

Well, I need to go in to work early to pick up my much-needed paycheck and go to the bank. But all I really want to do is go back to sleep in The Fabulous Futon. (Apologies to Philip Jose Farmer, re: The Fabulous Riverboat.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy the Fabulous Futon worked out so well! I like how you refer to Bennifer (the REAL Bennifer) as the "dearly close friends." They are such dear little chickadees. Of course, Raspberry Tart is my best friend, but I think she rather enjoys being called dearly close. I LOVE YOU! By the way, this is Sweetums.