Saturday, October 16, 2004

Pip's New Home

Mood: delighted

No more plastic "paradise" for Pip! I've given him a much larger, more natural environment. Bella and I went to Petco to pick up crickets and I ended up getting a HerpHaven, complete with a "rock" dish for wading and a "boulder" cave. Pip especially appreciates the terrarium moss, which is currently his preferred means of hiding. Bella bought a cute little "plant" for Pip, which provides yet another hiding spot. I think Pip has yet to do any real exploring, but he doesn't appear to be in shock like he was after I transferred him to his new digs.

In the pic I took, Pip is hiding under the moss in the bottom right corner. I was fully expecting to find him in the cave at the top of the pic, and panicked a bit until I found him under the moss. (He's still a small frog!) The wading pond is in the bottom left corner. Small crickets may or may not be seen in the picture.

In other news, I've discovered I really like Spanish ska. I'm currently listening to Ska-P's "Revistas Del Corazon". They really rock! Sort of like a Spanish version of Madness, but more rockin' and less silly.

I'll admit I'm a bit nervous about becoming a Godfather tomorrow. Not so much of the becoming as the "event". I have the job of lighting a candle for little Evan. Bella will write his name in "the book". I'm sure it will be over before I know it, so I don't know why I'm nervous.

I was disappointed to not find a CD burner in the price range I was hoping for ($30). I don't know that I can warrant spending $50-80 on a CD burner right now. (So I opted to spend the money on Pip's new home instead.)

No comments: