Thursday, August 04, 2005

New Job Dread

Mood: sick with dread

I have this feeling of dread to the point where I actually feel a bit physically ill. I really hate the whole process of learning a new job, and that is only magnified by the fact that I am going from a ridiculously easy job to a challenging one. That's good, I know, but it makes this feeling far worse.

I'm not afraid of failing. That's not it. I just hate not knowing what I am doing. And I know I have a long, steep learning curve ahead of me.

I keep trying to picture myself working at Prints Plus for more than a couple of years, and I can't. Of course, my future-vision is clouded by these newbie blues.

I'm almost ashamed to post this entry, but I need to vent. And really, that's the whole point of a blog, isn't it? If all was peaches-n-cream, it would make for bland reading.

So enjoy!

No comments: