Sunday, November 06, 2005

Ask and Ye Shall Receive... Plenty

Mood: confused

Last night, Bella and I decided to buy two cookies at Mrs. Fields. Well, the young fellow working there talked us (i.e. me) into buying a few more. "They're on sale five for $5 right now," he informed us. Sure, why not, I thought. So I paid my five bucks and we were somehow presented with a bag of not five--not even ten--but fifteen cookies! Needless to say, Bella and I were both really confused, but we took our cookies and ran. Mall security is still looking for us.

It's gradually dawning on us that because of the late hour (it was nearly closing time), the lad was trying to get rid of his cookies. Well, we made off with nearly his whole collection and they are now residing in Tupperware with a piece of bread to keep them moist.

I'm going to consume two of them while watching Todd Sweeney: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street which I purchased on a double-feature DVD at Target for 25¢ in their Halloween clearance One Spot. (Pre-Halloween it was selling for a buck.) I love cheap DVD's, and have amassed perhaps forty or fifty of them... at least.

Well, as I'm writing this wordy post, my cup of milk is getting warm. Warm milk and stale cookies: now that's what I call a nightcap!

No comments: