Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Blogging From the Border(s), Pt. II

Mood: pleasantly full

Yes, I'm back at Borders, making full use of my free DayPass. Having had a wonderful lunch with Bella at Green Onion, I am now pleasantly full and feeling a little better about things. This Press Enterprise thing is just a waiting game, really. Relax, Greg.

I thought I should now take some time to expand upon the whole engaged-to-wedding-to-marriage transition. Time has gone very fast, from the last few months before the wedding to this very day. The weeks before the wedding were stressful, but not as bad as most people will have you believe. The wedding was beautiful, with only very minor hiccups. The honeymoon was amazing; even though we were just in Northern California (i.e. Monterey Bay, or more specifically, Pacific Grove), it truly felt as if we were a long long way from home. Now, the wedded life is just as wonderful as I thought it would be.

Isn't it great to wake up next to someone who is there for you, day in and day out, to support you in everything you do? Living together takes love to a whole new level. And I think this major transition in our lives is smoothed by the fact that we're not kids--a "kid" in this case being defined as someone under 25.

We have been moving Bella's stuff to the apartment, as time permits. I don't think she feels at home yet, nor will she until most of her stuff has been moved in and things are in place. Bella is very much into routine and a specific order to things, so until that sense of order returns to our lives, there may be some rough bits. But, you know, that's okay. We're so good together, it's only a matter of time until she feels truly at home.

Once again, I promise pictures are indeed on the way.

But I think it's time to go get some work done on the homefront. Besides, some sort of club meeting is being set up here and it's making me nervous.

No comments: