Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Blogging From the Border(s)

Mood: discontent

I'm sitting here, at Borders, making use of a free TMobile HotSpot DayPass. An iced vanilla tea latte is at a safe but accessible distance. You would think that I would be very content. But I'm not.

As of yesterday, I am unemployed. Prints Plus closed its doors on Sunday, and Monday was spent clearing out the space. I thought I would enjoy a little time off in my occupational transition, but I can't help feeling like I'm wasting away, not contributing to my marriage or society.

The good news is I could have a job at Hallmark if I want it. The complication being that I am currently in limbo in the grueling interview/hiring process at The Press Enterprise. The first interview went splendidly. The second, which actually involved two separate interviews given by two different people, went very well, taking into account that the second interviewer had poorly formed questions which didn't help my confidence in responding. Overall, I feel really good about it, though.

Now, I am awaiting a callback for a third interview, which will be followed by a fourth! But hey, if I get the job--as an Internet advertising salesperson--Bella and I will be very well off. We are so excited that I've even gotten this far, but we--that is, I do not want to get my hopes up too high. But I think everything has led me to this, and I have such a good feeling about it.

By the way, the married life is wonderful. You should really try it.

Now, with my newfound free time, I am going to go have lunch with Bella.

No comments: