Friday, October 31, 2003

Breakfast Tea... In a Bowl

Mood: Excited
Weight: 159
Last ate: Orange Spice Malt-o-Meal

No, it's not a new brand of Malt-o-Meal. Yours truly made a bowl of Malt-o-Meal using orange spice tea rather than water or milk. WOW! Lemme just tell you this may be the best bowl of Malt-o-Meal I've ever eaten. As you may know, Malt-o-Meal is very bland if not fixed correctly. Well, my solution for that has always been a little milk, lots of brown sugar, and a glob of butter. Not the best thing for a diet.

Thinking of cooking with tea lately, and wondering how I could make Malt-o-Meal taste better, I decided to try making it with tea, rather than my usual half water/half milk. Yesterday, I made it with chamomile tea. Absolutely delightful! Today, I decided to try something a little more bold, so I went with the orange spice. Next time? Maybe the ginger peach. With the slew of tea I have, the possibilities are truly endless.

It must be said that I am not the biggest fan of fruity teas. But now there is a legit purpose for them! How exciting is that?!?

Last night, Bella and I went out to eat with a friend of hers. It was very pleasant, even with all of the teacher-talk. (They're both teachers.) Then, Bella and I went browsing around the mall... something we haven't done in a long time. I saw so many things I wanted, and all fairly cheap! The best was this little, single-serving teapot, complete with warmer. (When I explained how it worked to Bella, it dawned on her why a tea light is called a TEA light.) The regular price of $15 was more than fair (especially considering it was at Bombay), but it was on sale for $12! Unfortunately, I was completely broke at the time. I guess I could always wait and see what I get for Christmas, but there's a lot of tea-brewing time between now and then.

After we got back to my place, and we both checked our email, Bella fell soundly asleep, feet in my lap, for over an hour. To entertain myself, I switched between watching Bella make funny faces in her sleep, watching Stella watch Bella, and reading the phone book. How exciting is that?!? ;)

Oh, my! This is a long entry. I better stop before I receive hatemail....

COMMENT

No comments: