Sunday, October 19, 2003

Diet

Mood: Happy
Weight: 159
Last ate: Malt-o-Meal

I've finally broken the 160 pound barrier! To reward myself, I am considering making Sundays a "free day" with no calorie counting. :) However, I still plan to eat sensibly, such as my breakfast this morning. (I stuck to ONE serving of Malt-o-Meal this time....)

As we were eating the usual Saturday night burgers at Bella's, when she kept dipping her hand in for more chips I had the urge to suggest she stop. But I couldn't bring myself to do it. I guess in the back of my mind I have all those men that drive their wives/girlfriends to anorexia. I know Bella would want me to say something, but I couldn't. I'll have to work on this as chips are definitely one of her biggest downfalls. Of course, as you know, I say all this thinking she is perfect the way she is. She is the one that expressed a need for help from me to stick to her diet. (Just so people don't think it was my idea for her to go on a diet.)

Last night, after eating, we went over to my sister's house. My brother, Eric, and his friend, Vito (sp?), came over a little later. We all watched home movies. It was really sad, seeing how our family used to work as a unit. It seems very foreign, now.

Unfortunately, Bella doesn't handle shaking cameras too well (such as in Blair Witch Project or my home movies), so after a few hours of watching them, she was feeling a bit ill. She was sweating bullets and complained of feeling very warm. Even on the brisk car ride home she was still sweating. I detected through our goodnight kiss that she may have even been feeling nauseous. (Oops! People don't know we kiss. j/k) I hope she's feeling better.

Oh, Kelly and Hrudey arrived, but of course it was hot yesterday, so I don't know if they survived. The instructions that came with them explained that they may look dead when they arrive, but it is most likely just "shipment shock". It said to allow 24 hours for them to recover, but it doesn't look good. Fortunately, there was guaranteed live delivery. But it's really kind of sad. I don't know if I want to put more little tadpoles through that horrible journey. (I could just BUY a grown leopard frog, but where's the fun in that?!?)

Well, I have to get dressed for church and run to catch my bus!

COMMENT

No comments: