Wednesday, January 14, 2004

Disgusting!

Mood: Disgusted
Last ate: Cup of Milk
Word: Vetchling

I'm disgusted. Disgusted because Windows 98 is finally being phased out. Out with 98, in with XP. The reason that I know this is because I had fully intended to "go legit" with my music downloads, but upon visiting iTunes, Walmart Music Downloads and the all-new Napster, they all tell me I need to upgrade. Okay, so WMD actually told me I needed Windows Media Player 9, but when I went to upgrade, it recommended the highest version of the Media Player for my operating system as version 7.1! I may go ahead and force it to download version 9 and see what happens.

Now, the question is, have they just not gotten around to making Windows 98 versions, or are they going to just forget about us? Don't they know that the majority of people still use Win 98?!? Anyway, so much for going legit....

While eating dinner with Bella last night, somehow I managed to say something like: "What if every tastebud on your tongue was a letter?" Bella, being the fantastic poet that she is, said something to the effect of: "Mind if I steal that?" but added, "No, I can't; it's too good." I hope she will steal it any way, as she can do a lot more with it than I can. Maybe if I write a really bad poem using that concept, she will see that she and she alone is the one to use it.

As I kissed her, I felt the letters
        forming on her tongue,
formed from the thousands of tiny mounds
        that used to taste the honey of life.
Now, no longer sensitive to life's sweets and sours,
        she can only wait.
She waits patiently for the letters to form clusters,
        each letter vying for it's proper place.
Sometimes,
        she spits out words.

I swallow her words in great gulps,
        nearly gagging on their sheer verbosity.
The word
explicate catches in my throat,
        just long enough to make me wonder:
Will her words
        be the death of me?

Okay, that wasn't all bad, but Bella can certainly do better. (The last line of the first stanza, by the way, is an inside joke.)

Time to eat then get started on some hardcore work....

COMMENT

No comments: