Friday, January 30, 2004

My Computer's Persona & Job Search

Mood: Apprehensive
Last ate: Bowl of Cheerios with Brown Sugar

Jealous of Bella's computer being able to talk to her in a variety of voices, I decided to use the Play to File feature of the Natural Voice Reader (see Downloads section, bottom of right column) to create speech to replace the default Windows sounds. For example, when I start the computer it says, "Hi, Greg. I hope you are doing well. How can I help you?" Or, my personal favorite, when I empty the Recycle Bin, it says, "Greg, I will shred those documents for you. It's my pleasure." The sounds, combined with the desktop picture I made out of the drawing I mentioned in the previous post, have created a sort of persona for my computer. I think she needs a name now. Any suggestions?

Here's a screenshot of my desktop:

Click for a larger view...


Click the pic for a larger view.

Not having school today, my main priority will be looking for a job. I found a couple telemarketing classifieds that are possibilities which I will follow up on later, and I will go out to the Galleria and surrounding areas to apply anywhere and everywhere. (Almost.)

My apprehension comes from not wanting to switch to night classes to make time for a day job; I really like my teacher and don't want to risk ending up with a bad one. But money, unfortunately, is the main priority right now. I hate money with a passion....

I also need to spend at least a few hours editing. But doing my laundry this morning is taking up most of the time I would otherwise allot to that task.

Finally, I want to spend at least an hour sending out sales emails.

(I'd rather spend time with Bella than do all this. But she has work and class, so there's no excuse! Drats....)

COMMENT

No comments: