Tuesday, January 27, 2004

Too Much to Do

Mood: Happy / Overwhelmed
Last ate: The remains of a Supreme Burrito from Mama Chuy's

So here is everything I should be doing:
  • Going to school

  • Editing manuscripts
  • Sending out sales emails

  • Finishing my GMSEditor.com web site

  • Advertising my freelance editor services

  • Looking for a job

  • Spending as much time as possible with Bella!

  • Eating

  • Sleeping

I think that's it! There just aren't enough hours in the day. Unfortunately, I've been spending the last week getting used to going to school again, not keeping up with other things that need to be done. Today, I think, I am working towards balancing things better.

I was supposed to call the automated jury system last night, but forgot. (I had originally called it on Saturday, and it said that my service had been postponed; it instructed me to call back last night at 6:30.) When I remembered this morning a little before 8:00, I immediately called... and of course I was supposed to be at the courthouse at 8:30! There was no way I would have made it, so I decided I would go to class instead. I called the system back before leaving for school and tried to postpone, but the office was closed. I called again from a pay phone at school, but only got a busy signal. (I suspect the 800 number they have doesn't permit calls from pay phones.) Finally, I got ahold of someone when I called upon my return home. I explained I was in school, so they granted me an excuse! WOOHOO!!! I won't have to serve for at least six months. :)

Oh, a couple posts ago, I mentioned the evil hosting provider which I am no longer using. They have now proven to me just how evil they are: they are trying to steal my money! But they won't get another penny out of me.

Well, I better get back to editing this manuscript. (I originally logged on tonight to verify the spelling of a couple of proper names, and now I've been on for over a half hour!) I need to get some more work done before calling Bella. Oh, Bella... I LOVE YOU!

COMMENT

No comments: