Monday, July 12, 2004

This Job Just Beat the Crap Out of Me

Mood: painfully exhausted

I really shouldn't be using up the miniscule amount of energy I have left to write this; I'm going to need it and much more tomorrow. So this post will be necessarily succinct.

Friday: A lot done on job search.
Saturday: Applied/interviewed/hired at Crown Books.
Sunday: Went to church alone. Spent time with Bella's family.
Monday: Started work at Crown Books, cleaning the "new" store. (Really an old Albertson's.)

In trying to impress, I worked too hard for what I am getting paid. But that supervisor position WILL be mine. If not, I'll be pissed, but grin and bear it, for Bella's sake.

This job really beat the crap out of me today; my whole body aches, and breathing is uncomfortable. But like the words of that song that nobody admits to liking: "I fall down, but I get up again/You can never ever keep me down." Or something like that. I can't think, really.