Thursday, August 19, 2004

Evidence of Eating

Mood: happy

Not only am I happy because I have tomorrow off and it's payday, but there appears to be evidence that Pip has indeed been eating the fruit flies. Two pieces of evidence, to be precise, for at the bottom of the water one can witness what appears to be two little... droppings. I stood and watched him after putting a new batch of flies in his aquarium. As I marvelled at the little miracle that is Pip, I thought I saw him lunge at a fruit fly. I think he may have gotten it, if that was what he was doing. He seemed content for a little while until he repeated the lunge in a different direction, presumably catching another fly. (This morning's batch was a bit lean, so I suspect he was really hungry.)

Though I am finding Pip incredibly interesting and amusing, I can't stop thinking about that Bearded Dragon. It was so amazing holding a lizard that wasn't struggling in the least, and had no desire to bite. Though they look a bit scary at first, I think they are a really beautiful creature, with a temperament not entirely unlike my own.

Before the temptation of a Bearded Dragon, I was considering getting a small aquarium of fish. Though I may stick with the original plan, it certainly is tempting to do otherwise. There's nothing like a pet that you can actually hold and with which you can interact. Plus, a Bearded Dragon would essentially have the same diet as Pip, and even Ibby could share some of their food.

Hmmm.... Now there I go talking myself into it! Egads.

No comments: