Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Petco to the Rescue

Mood: relieved

My "trap" to catch fruit flies yielded exactly two fruit flies. So I decided, just for the hell of it, to call a couple other pet shops. Elliot's could special order them, but that wouldn't help me now. Then I called Petco thinking there was no way: 1) they would even know what a flightless fruit fly was, and 2) if they had any. But for once they came through for me. (Back when I was shopping around for budgies, they showed how little they knew about birds, and Bella and I have always used Petco as a last resort ever since.) They had a small jar of them for $4.99! A buck cheaper then the small jar that they didn't have at Strickly Reptiles. PLus, the girl in the reptile room let me hold a Bearded Dragon. I asked her if it was a good starter lizard, and she confirmed her knowledge, for I already knew the answer. She said they make an excellent first lizard because they rarely bite. I could totally see myself getting one, but I think I'll have to wait to get it as a "replacement" pet. I'm starting to have a bit of a zoo as it is.

The few flies I put in with Pip last night were gone this morning, so I'm hoping he ate them. I dumped several more in this morning. Those little suckers may be flightless, but they sure can jump! I'm improving at getting them in the aquarium rather than all over my hand. I'm going to go check on Pip's progress now.

Oh, the (possibly) counterfeit Traveler's Check is weighing heavily on my mind. I actually feel a bit sick, just thinking of it.

No comments: