Tuesday, August 03, 2004

King of Crown Books

Mood: proud

I realized how cheesy the title of this post was as soon as I typed it, but I'm leaving it for your entertainment.

Well, my hard work has paid off! I am now the supervisor at Crown Books. That means I received a retroactive raise--albeit a small one--along with large doses of... power! Mwahahaha.... It feels good to be in this position after having worked my ass off for it.

You know, even though this is a low-pay, low-prestige job, I find myself loving it. And that, dear readers--the love of one's work--is a rare thing indeed! I am truly blessed.

I don't know that you'll be hearing much from me in the next week. One of the employees quit on short (i.e. no) notice, so as supervisor it is my duty to take up the slack, meaning I will be working no less than seven days in a row. Another employee has already been hired, but he's in training.

One reader (and her hubby), dearly close friends of Bella's, gave me a keychain from their trip to Canada. I was further thrilled when they later gave me a mug from Canada featuring a chickadee (originally identified as a bushtit, and once thought to be a tufted titmouse) marching around the cup with a Canadian flag! This is one of the coolest mugs I have ever owned. Thanks Bennifer!

Woops! Time to call Bella. Might write more later. I work late tomorrow, so I can sleep in!