Wednesday, October 15, 2003

The Beauty of Crows

Mood: In Awe
Weight: 160
Last ate: Slim-Fast Rich Chocolate Brownie Meal Bar

I went out to the mail box and saw a crow flying overhead. Being fascinated by all birds and especially crows, I stood there and watched him. It was one of the most beautiful sights I've ever seen. This bird, this crow, was SOARING and LOVING IT. You could tell by the way he would catch an updraft and sort of hang there, then let himself fall into a glide. He even seemed to call out in glee. I was happy for him. He made me happy. I feel like we shared a moment of peace and understanding. Then, he was gone. The feelings, however, persist.

I think the only person that truly understands how I feel about birds is Bella. We enjoy birds together. We'll be sitting in the park, driving in her car, walking down the street--it doesn't matter what we're doing--and we notice these birds. We watch them, take delight in them. It doesn't matter if they're crows, starlings, sparrows, perhaps a hummingbird, we get enormous satisfaction in watching them.

It saddens me that most people miss the beauty of crows, the beauty of birds. They don't take the time to stop... and enjoy.

COMMENT

No comments: