Monday, October 13, 2003

Family Troubles... Again!

Mood: Disgusted
Weight: 161
Last ate: Slim-Fast Chocolate Shake

It is now clear to me that few, if any, members of my own family care about me. I have talked to everyone that is involved with this whole family fiasco, telling them what this is doing to me... and no one cares. My own mother basically told me that this is not my house and that I am essentially homeless. And that's precisely how I feel.

All the parties involved claim to want peace, but their actions speak louder than their words.

So I am going to remove myself from this situation--emotionally, if not physically. I am not going to let the fighting get to me. If these supposed adults want to fight like children rather than settle disputes like adults, then that is their problem. I wash my hands of it.

Admittedly, I was stepping in a little too much trying to keep things from escalating, but it's obvious no one is interested in my help. I can only protect myself.

What I can and will do for my family is pray that God will give them the strength to see the part they each play in this situation. And I will pray that I will have the strength to not let their petty bickering pull me into their turmoil.

Once again, I have to thank Bella for saving me from this. With her love holding me up, time and time again I have had the strength to do the right thing. Thank you, Bella! I love you more than anything in this world....

COMMENT

No comments: