Wednesday, October 01, 2003

Calorie Chart

Mood: Happy
Weight: 165
Last ate: Slim-Fast Banana Cream Shake

I made a calorie chart so I can track how many calories I am taking in at each meal or snack. I've allotted calories based on Slim-Fast's personalized recommendation of a 1,300-calorie diet. Breakfast and lunch were given 250 calories, three snacks were assigned 150 calories each, and the balance of 350 remained for dinner. It doesn't sound like much, I know. But you can have one helluva salad for 350 calories. (No sarcasm intended.) These extremes I'm taking for my diet seem to be paying off. I've already lost five pounds!

I am currently without cable, or even TV. I purchased a $13 indoor antenna at the local Rite Aid, but it only picks up KVCR. I haven't decided if it was a waste of money yet; I do enjoy public TV.

I will occasionally feature a link to something I happen to be into at a particular time. I just went on a bookmarking spree of a number of NPR's shows, including my personal favorite, Wait Wait... Don't Tell Me! A lot of the shows can be streamed over the Internet, so I have some cheap (read: free) entertainment to make up for the lack of TV.

This free entertainment also keeps me occupied when I can't be with Bella. Somehow, even with her tremendously busy schedule juggling three jobs and school, we still manage to see each other frequently. But not enough. Never enough. I feel a certain vitality whenever she is around. A strength. A completeness. Like I'm only half a person without her. I miss her terribly....

Yikes, I need to get crackin'! I need to take a quick shower, go for my walk, then get some work done.

(As I am just about to close, Gran asks me if I want to eat this or that. Each time I say no. I wish she would just stop. Fortunately, I learned a long time ago how to say no to her. There was a time when I couldn't, which made being on a diet extremely difficult. Now, it just upsets me that she cares so little about my health. Or maybe it's much more innocent than I imagine. Oh well.)

No comments: